Friday, June 10, 2011

Keeping Up

For various reasons, I've abandoned certain studies you'll see below. Most of them because of my environment, i.e. lighting changed or it was too hot to continue. The woes of painting. Anyway.

When you use RGB sliders you choose your ultimate hue based on ratios of the 3 colours, not the individual values of them. Thus, the hue shifts mure more drastically amidst desaturated colours, because there is less of it to go about. That's why the colour wheel is smaller in the middle, where the saturation is less.

The colour of the shadow depends on what's bouncing light into it!! It's amazing how long it took me to get this.

Hardness or softness of the edge of your brush will affect your colour choices. You can be a lot more radical with your colour picking with an airbrush. Hard-edged strokes need to adhere very closely to the colour scheme and to the adjacent colours.

Drawing is, in a way, a release of aggression. All the things we suppress in civilized society find their way out onto a piece of paper.





New technique here. Picked all the colours myself and used a hard brush. Didn't mix anything. Really good practice!







3 comments:

  1. Really? How can the lighting change in a photograph?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are still reading my blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty much done with it.

    Hack artists only interest me for so long.

    ReplyDelete